Below is the information that should be included in your course syllabus. The course title should also be used in the heading of the syllabus.
1. Instructor’s name, office location, phone number, e-mail address and office hours.
3. Course title*, number*, and credit hours*
4. Clock hours, including a breakdown of lecture and lab components, if applicable.
5. Catalog description, including prerequisites*
· Attendance – State class or any program-specific attendance policy.
· Withdraw – It is the student’s responsibility to withdraw from a class. Faculty are not obligated to withdraw students after Census Date.
7. Objectives (Competencies)*
8. Assessment, grading, and evaluation procedures
9. Method of conducting class (lecture, demonstration, hands-on lab work)
10. Required text(s) and supplies
11. Integration of critical skills (Each course should contain up to all five of the critical skill areas selected for emphasis by CCCS. These skills are: critical thinking, reading, written communication, technology, and math.)
12. Course outline* and schedule of topics (by days or weeks)
13. Census Date and the following statement: Census date is the last date to drop a class
14. Withdrawal Date and the following statement: This is the last day that a “W” can be assigned as a grade.
15. TSJC Mission Statement - Trinidad State Junior College enriches the academic, technical, and cultural life of our diverse community. We are committed to offering traditional and alternate approaches to education, providing quality instruction, and promoting lifelong learning.
· Should be obtained from CCCNS website, http://www.cccs.edu/cccns/Home.html