- Applying for VA Benefits (pdf)
- a new GI bill for a new century
- VA GI Bill Feedback System Link
- VA Comparison Tool Link
Veteran education benefits are administered through the Financial Aid Office.
To Apply for Veteran Education Benefits You must:
- Complete an admissions application to TSJC
- Be seeking a degree or certificate program approved for education benefits.
- Register for courses which are required for completion of your degree/certificate
- You must make application for VA benefits through the VA website: http://gibill.va.gov
- Complete the Applying for VA Benefits (pdf) application and Check List. Prior to each semester start date.
- Submit a copy of the Veteran’s DD214 showing the discharge status to the Financial Aid Office.
- Submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility Letter to the Financial Aid Office.
Each semester you must:
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Report any enrollment changes, course drops, withdrawals or any date you stop attending classes.
- Complete the Applying for VA Benefits (pdf) application prior to each semesters start date.
|2 Months Prior to Semester Start Date||1 Month Prior to Semester Start Date||Once Semester has Started|
|Fall||July 15th & 30th||August Weekly||Weekly|
|Spring||December 15th||January Weekly||Weekly|
Office Hours Available for Appointments
|Monday:||9:00 am – 12:00 pm|
|Wednesday:||9:00 am – 12:00 pm|
|Friday:||9:00 am – 12:00 pm|
Call 719-846-5553 to set up an appointment on the Trinidad Campus or 719-589-7024 on the Valley Campus.
*Hours are subject to change*
Failure to do so will delay your Veteran’s benefits.
Enrollment certification will be done according to the Certification Schedule listed above. Enrollment will be checked after census date of each semester of attendance and any adjustments will be made at that time. Census date is two weeks after classes begin. Please allow the VA 30 days after enrollment certification to pay any benefits to you or the school.
Contact the Business Office to make payment arrangements.
In Trinidad contact: 719-846-5547 or 719-846-5546.
In Alamosa contact: 719-589-7027.
Trinidad Campus: or
You are responsible for the bill until the money is received.