Welcome to Trinidad State Junior College! At TSJC we consider international students an integral part of our diverse student body. TSJC has students from countries around the world who bring experience, perspective and background to our college community.
TSJC is the oldest community college in Colorado. Our service area is vast, spanning eight Colorado counties and two campuses. We offer degrees and certificates in more than 28 areas of study. All campuses offer student-centered environments that foster student success. As an international student, you will find that instructors, staff and other students are eager to help you adjust to your new surroundings and achieve your educational goals.
International students may apply for admission for the fall, spring or summer semesters. To be admitted, follow these steps:
- Apply for admission, include a copy of your passport. – there is no application fee. (Download PDF)
- Submit the International Student Supplement Form. This form verifies specific information required to complete the I-20 immigration document accurately - (Download PDF)
- Submit the International Student Statement of Financial Support. This document, along with the required paperwork documentation (bank statements, affidavits of support, sponsorship letters, etc.) verifies the student’s ability to cover the cost of their academic program at Trinidad State Junior College - (Download PDF)
- Submit verification of Secondary School Completion. International students must provide proof that they have completed their post-secondary education. Typical proof includes an academic transcript or certificate from the high school or program.
- Submit proof of English proficiency as indicated by a TOEFL score of at least 475 paper-based, 153 computer-based, or 53 internet-based or provide documentation showing that you have the ability to communicate in English in an academic setting.
- Provide certified English translations of high school transcripts indicating graduation date and/or College transcripts from any college or university attended (U.S. and foreign).
Contact Admissions Specialist, Bernadine DeGarbo at 719-846-5621 with questions about this process.
If you are transferring from another U.S. institution, you must provide documentation of transfer eligibility signed by your previous school’s International Office and copies of your visa, passport, I-94, and previous I-20. You must submit completed documentation to TSJC’s Registrar for review.
Admission to TSJC
After all materials are reviewed, TSJC will issue the United States Immigration Form I-20. You then will apply for an F-1 visa through the U.S. Consulate in your home country. When you arrive in Colorado, you must report to the designated school official and bring with you your I-20, visa and passport.
English as a Second Language
The purpose of the English as a Second Language (ESL) program is to meet the academic and social needs of students and community members who are in the process of learning English. Highly qualified TSJC instructors provide ESL teaching and help international students adjust socially and culturally.
All students for whom English is a second language are evaluated for English proficiency. After evaluation, you may be required to take the Levels of English Proficiency (LOEP) test. For more information, contact TSJC Adult Education Director, Nancy Wilkinson at 719-846-5682.
TSJC offers English as a Second Language classes through its Adult Education Program. TSJC cannon issue I-20’s for the study of English. For more information, contact TSJC Adult Education Director, Nancy Wilkinson at 719-846-5682.