Advisors at TSJC
All first-semester students have an Advising Hold placed on their account. This hold is lifted after a student contacts an advisor. The Advising Hold ensures that first semester students go through an advising process before registering for classes.
This hold also prevents students from making irreversible changes to their schedule for their first semester of school without speaking to an advisor first.
A few things advisors consider when student’s makes changes to their schedule are:
- how will the changes help complete requirements for graduation
- how will the changes affect completion of prerequisites for major requirements
- how will the changes affect their financial aid, scholarships, or housing contract
- is the student aware of course information like the start date and location of the class
- is the student aware of how changes can affect their bill
Contact an advisor on your campus to get started. Below you will find contact information for advisors on both campuses.