Library Room 207
We invite you to visit the Student Success Center in the Library in Trinidad or Room 209 on the Valley Campus to take your ACCUPLACER ® Placement Test before the next semester starts.
The ACCUPLACER ® Placement test determines your placement into classes you will take in the areas of Math, English, and Reading.
Test Services Offered
- ACCUPLACER ®
- Accuplacer ® Practice and Resources
- Biology Placement
- ACT (Trinidad Campus Only)
- Distance Proctoring
- Nursing Admissions Assessment Exam
- Online Support and Distance Proctoring
Accuplacer® Practice and Testing Resources
For practice questions for the Accuplacer and other tests, please click the Accuplacer Practice and Resources link below
Why do I have to take the ACCUPLACER ® test?
High School and College Students take the ACCUPLACER ® test to find out useful information about the basic skills that you’ll need to be successful in college: math, English, and reading. Your ACCUPLACER ® scores, along with your academic background, goals, and interests, are used by your advisors and counselors to help you choose the best courses for you! You cannot "pass" or "fail" any section of the ACCUPLACER ® tests, but it is very important that you take your time and try to do your very best on these tests so that you will have the most accurate measure of your academic skills.
Preparing to take the ACCUPLACER ®
To make sure that your test scores will accurately represent your skill level on each area, we STRONGLY RECOMMEND that you review basic concepts in reading, grammar, arithmetic, trigonometry, and algebra before taking ACCUPLACER ®, especially if you have been away from school for more than a year.
The ACCUPLACER ® test was developed by the College Board and is used to help determine course selection for students. The ACCUPLACER ® exam has three sections: Reading Comprehension, Sentence Skills, and Math. Additional tips follow:
- Study, Study, Study (practice questions can be found at ACCUPLACER ® Practice and Resources)
- Get plenty of rest and eat a healthy meal before coming to test.
- Bring a State ID or Driver’s License.
- Bring your S# (TSJC Student ID#)
- Arrive ON TIME (5 min early).
Hours to take the ACCUPLACER ®
August 25 - December 19, 2014 Schedule – Trinidad Campus
Monday - 9:00 a.m.
Tuesday - 2:00 p.m.
Wednesday - 9:00 a.m.
Thursday - 2:00 p.m.
Friday - Appointment only
600 Prospect, Trinidad, CO 81082
Library, Main Floor
A preconference is highly suggested
August 25 - December 5, 2014 Schedule – Valley Campus
Monday and Wednesday - 9:00 a.m.
Friday – By appointment only (no Friday appointments will be made after 1:30 p.m.)
1011 Main Street, Alamosa, CO 81101
Second Floor - Room 209
A preconference is highly suggested
- For new students, initial Accuplacer testing is free
- After your initial testing session, each retake is $5 per test (i.e., if you need to retake Arithmetic and Sentence Skills, you will charged $5 for each retake, or a total of $10 for both). The Testing Centers cannot accept money or issue receipts, so students must pay in the Business Office, then bring their receipts to their testing session. The Testing Center cannot allow students to retest if they do not have a “retake” receipt.
- A student may take each test TWICE during a semester (i.e., new students may take Arithmetic, then retake Arithmetic once during the semester). If students would like to try to “test into” a higher Algebra after completing Algebra 060 or 090, they may take the Elementary Algebra Accuplacer test twice during a semester and must pay $5 with each retake.
- To pay retake fees on the Valley Campus, visit Debbie Martinez in Student Services, Room 167 (719) 589-7027
- To pay retake fees on the Trinidad Campus, visit Ruth Blasi, in the Business Office in Berg Bldg. Room 209 (719) 846-5547
Trinidad Campus - ACT Testing Services
TSJC is also an official ACT Testing Center for the ACT Test. Registration for the ACT Test occurs online through the ACT site at http://www.actstudent.org/regist/index.html
ACT Test Dates at TSJC are:
|Test Date||Registration Deadline||(Late Fee Required)|
|February 8, 2014
April 12, 2014
June 14, 2014
|January 10, 2014
March 7, 2014
May 9, 2014
|January 11 - 24, 2014
March 8 - 21, 2014
May 10 - 23, 2014
Please visit the ACT Testing website to register for these sessions, or if you have any questions regarding the tests listed above contact Peggy Weurding at 719-846-5557
The College-Level Examination Program ® (CLEP) helps you receive college credit for what you already know, for a fraction of the cost of a college course. Developed by the College Board, CLEP is the most widely accepted credit-by-examination program, available at more than 2,900 colleges and universities. Pass any of the 33 CLEP exams and achieve your college and career goals. Click here for more details on CLEP.
Distance Learning Proctor Services
DISTANCE LEARNERS: If you are a student attending another college and would like to have your tests proctored at Trinidad State Junior College, please contact the Coordinator or Distance Learning Proctor for either the Trinidad or Valley campuses listed below for details on scheduling and pricing.
For more information contact or to make an appointment contact:
Coordinator and Testing Administrator - Trinidad Campus
600 Prospect St, Trinidad, CO 81082
Intervention Specialist - (Academic Support and Testing) -Valley Campus
1101 Main Street, Alamosa CO 81101
Main Building- Learning Center
Student Success Center - Unit Mission Statement:
The Trinidad State Student Success team is committed to supporting students to complete degrees and certificates, persist in classes and/or transfer successfully to a four-year college through assessment, intervention, academic support, distance learning/computer counseling, student professionalism and self-efficacy mentoring while collaborating and supporting faculty.