Las Animas County Writing Contest
The Las Animas County Creative Writing Contest is seeking authors for this year’s Creative Writing Publication. If you are a student in grades K-12 and would like to have your story or poem published in this year’s book please read the following.
This year’s theme is OPEN (Fiction, Poetry, and Creative Essays).
Authors are encouraged to write an original piece. The author determines length, style and topic. Awards and prizes will be given to the top submissions.
All contestants are invited to the Writing Contest Awards Ceremony!
- All submissions must be the original work of the author and will be checked for plagiarism.
- The content must be suitable for a K-12 audience.
- Student’s Name, age, grade, school
- Contact person’s information – Teacher//Parent//Guardian
- All submissions must be typed and submitted utilizing the form on this page.
- Only one submission per student.
- Students will compete in one of four class groupings:
- There will be at least 12 Winners:
1st, 2nd and 3rd place
- Two (2) $500 Scholarships!
( Only available to local Seniors )
- All entries will be made available as a BOOK!
( sold at Awards Ceremony and First National Bank )
- HOW TO SUBMIT:
- Submissions must be original and may include artwork
- 1,000 words maximum (must be typed)
- All work must be submitted by March 17, 2023
- CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT!
- Awards Ceremony:
April 26, 2023
Trinidad State College
Location - Scott Gymnasium / 5:30pm
- For more information please contact Dustin Hyman at
email@example.com or 719-846-5709.