Finish What You Started
Do you have some college credits, but did not graduate or obtain your credential?
Are you thinking of re-enrolling to finish your degree?
What are the benefits?
The benefits of the Finish What You Started Scholarship include:
- $1,250 scholarship per semester that will help with tuition, fees, books, childcare, living expenses and more.
- The scholarship is in addition to other financial aid you may receive and is renewable each semester until you complete your degree or certificate.
- Qualified coaches and tutors to help you cross the finish line.
- Supportive services like career services, financial literacy, and time management workshops.
- The flexibility to choose how you learn (in-person, online, and hybrid class options and multiple locations).
Are You Eligible?
- Colorado resident
- Complete a current year FAFSA
- Plan to enroll or are enrolling at Trinidad State starting in the Fall of 2022 or thereafter
- Pursuing first higher education certificate or degree (previous degree holders are ineligible)
- Undergraduate student and meet one of the following:
- "Some college, no degree": Defined as students who earned some postsecondary credits from a public/private higher education institution but did not complete a credential or degree before deciding not to enroll for two or more consecutive semesters
- "First-time student": Defined as students who were admitted to a public institution of higher education as a first time student for the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 academic year but did not enroll at any institution for the 2020-2021 academic year
- Have experienced an economic loss due to the COVID-19 pandemic such as lost or adverse changes in employment, increased food or housing insecurity, were formerly incarcerated, had to withdraw from college after March 13th 2020, or suffered another form of economic loss
Next Steps Checklist
- Apply/Reapply to TSC:
Former students may need to reapply; you can call: (719) 589-7035 for further assistance
- Complete your FAFSA:
Make an Appointment with Cora Gardiner for further assistance.
Colorado Opportunity Scholarship Initiative
Trinidad State College is providing the Finish What You Started (FWYS) program thanks to an initiative by the Colorado Department of Education's Colorado Opportunity Scholarship Initiative. COSI helps Colorado residents go back to school and earn their credential or degree. The program supports students by providing financial assistance and support services throughout their college experience.