The Partnership for Rural Educator Preparation
University of Colorado Denver & Trinidad State College
T-PREP is a unique and flexible program that provides tomorrow’s teachers who are living and/or working in rural communities with a way to earn a four-year degree and teaching license without leaving home.
CU Denver is ranked as a top education school by U.S. News & World Report and is known as a leader in teacher residency programs. Trinidad State has prepared students for bachelor degree programs with success for more than 90 years.Apply TO TSC NOW
- Start taking classes on the Alamosa or Trinidad campuses of Trinidad State College (TSC) to earn your associate’s degree.
- Complete the rest of your classes as a CU Denver student in face-to-face classes taught by CU Denver faculty on the TSC campus or online.
- Save money by opting into BA to MA (BAMA). In BAMA, three classes you take during your senior year double count towards both your bachelor’s and your master’s degrees and are billed at the undergraduate tuition rate.
- Expand your options as an elementary education teacher by taking two extra classes and adding a Culturally and Linguistically Diverse endorsement to your elementary education teaching license.
- Bachelor’s degrees open career doors
- Advance your knowledge and abilities
- Serve young children, youth and families effectively
- Meet the evolving requirements of educators in Colorado
- Get prepared to work in a variety of Pre-K through 6th grade settings
- Be prepared to serve in leadership positions in the future
- Early Childhood Education (ages 0 - 8)
- Elementary Education (grades K - 6)
- Special Education (ages 5 - 21)
- Are you already working in a school or early childhood setting? T-PREP was designed with people like you in mind.
- Have you already earned some college credit? Perfect. You are on your way! Most, if not all, of your previous credits will transfer.
- Have you graduated from high school, love your community, and want to be a teacher? T-PREP works for you, too.
By choosing a T-PREP pathway, your career opportunities will widen. In T-PREP, we prepare highly competent professionals who embrace the whole child in inclusive, culturally and linguistically diverse settings. Continuing your education can help to advance your knowledge and abilities to be an agent of social change and serve young children, youth and families more effectively. The School of Education & Human Development at CU Denver is rated a top school by U.S. News and World Report, and our graduates become some of the best-prepared teachers in the country. Requirements for the teaching workforce are evolving in Colorado and in the age of universal Pre-K. Obtaining a bachelor’s degree now will prepare you to work in a variety of Pre-K through 6th grade settings and prepare you to serve in leadership positions in the future. Additional schooling, spent in a caring, networked learning community, will be an asset to you.
Leveraging low-cost tuition at the community college and competitive CU Denver tuition rates with reduced fees makes the T-PREP program affordable. Contact TSC Financial Aid to get started. There you will see if you are eligible to receive additional grants and scholarships for rural teachers. Southern Colorado residents may also be eligible for an additional 20 percent off with the Learn Local Scholarship.
T-PREP is a unique and flexible program that provides tomorrow’s teachers who are living and/or working in rural communities with a way to earn a four-year degree and teaching license without leaving home. Students pay Trinidad State’s low community college tuition rates for the first two years, then enroll through CU Denver for the third and fourth years at university rates.