The Nursing program is available on both Trinidad and Alamosa campuses. The Trinidad campus has a traditional schedule and an evening/weekend schedule to choose from. Both campuses offer the Practical Nurse exit option. This options allows the student to take a short summer courses after the first year, then sit for their Practical Nursing boards. In addition, we do have a LPN to ADN option for those LPNs that would like to come back to school for their Associate Degree and eligibility to sit for the NCLEX-RN (RN) boards.
Trinidad State Nursing Mission Statement:
Provide excellent education that prepares the learner to become a member of the nursing profession, meeting the needs of diverse populations.
- Nursing Options:
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- BSN through Dual Enrollment
- PN exit
- LPN to ADN option
- Nursing AAS
- Licensed Practical Nurse to Associate of Applied Science Degree Option
- Practical Nurse Certificate-Exit Option
Trinidad State Nursing End of Program Student Outcomes:
The eight program student learning outcomes are:
- Provide safe, quality, evidence-based, patient-centered nursing care in a variety of healthcare settings to diverse patient populations across the lifespan.
- Engage in critical thinking and clinical reasoning to make patient-centered care decisions.
- Implement quality measures to improve patient care.
- Participate in collaborative relationships with members of the interdisciplinary team, the patient, and the patient’s support persons.
- Use information management principles, techniques, and systems, and patient care technology to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error, and support decision-making.
- Provide leadership in a variety of healthcare settings for diverse patient populations.
- Assimilate professional, legal, and ethical guidelines in practice as a professional nurse.
- Promote a culture of caring to provide holistic, compassionate, culturally-competent care.
Thank you for your interest in the Trinidad State College Nursing Program.
Professional Licensure Disclosure